Friday, June 06, 2008

Candidate Filings in Pierce County RCV elections

For more information about the County Executive race, see here.

For more information about the County Assessor-Treasurer race, see here.

Pierce County will be using Ranked Choice Voting (RCV) to elect its county level officials this November. These races include County Executive, Assessor-Treasurer, Sheriff and 4 County Council positions. This past week was the week to file for these offices.

For County Executive, the following four candidates filed to run:

Shawn Bunney (R)
Calvin Goings (D)
Mike Lonergan (Executive Excellence)
Pat McCarthy (D)

For the non-partisan position of Assessor-Treasurer, the following candidates filed to run:

Beverly Davidson
Barbara Gelman
Terry Lee
Jan Shabro
Bernando Tuma
Dale Washam

For the non-partisan position of Sheriff, the following candidates filed:

Jesse Hill
R.P. Kollu
Paul Pastor

For County Council, District #2, the following candidates filed:

Joyce McDonald (R)
Carolyn Merrival (D)
Al Rose (D)

For County Council, District #3, the following candidates filed:

Roger Bush (R)
Bruce Lachney (D)

For County Council, District #4, the following candidates filed:

Tim Farrell (D)
Ken Paulson (I)

For County Council, District #6, the following candidates filed:

Dick Muri (R)
Vincent Stewart (D)

Editor's Note: We believe that the Jesse Hill running for Sheriff is actually the person better known as Robert Hill. It is possible that he may be ruled out of the race.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting that you mention Robert Hill, who solicited money by mailing recently telling everyone he was running for Dist 27 legislative seat held by Jeannie Darnielle. Typical craziness.

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is Jesse Hill speaking, here, on October Thirteenth, A.D. 2008.

I obtained a Certificate and Order from a Superior Court of Washington judge re-instating my voting rights; the day before I was served with a lawsuit to challenge my candidacy, I got re-registered to vote...on Monday, July 21st. Although I entered what's called a "Special Appearance" notice with the court within the 15-days requirement, I have not been sent a notice of hearing being docketed on the calendar. This is because I have made the case moot. I am a viable candidate and am listed in the Voters' Pamphlet and Tacoma News Tribune's voter's guide.

Having been a former board member of the ACLU of the Pierce county chapter, I am proud to have been assisted by a number of staff and volunteers in the state office (in Seattle) in helping me through this process-- and preserving my ability to be on the ballot this November, and being a True Choice for Voters, in the General Election.

I continue to be present at Tacoma City Council and Pierce County Council meetings at 3 o'clock and 5 o'clock on Tuesday afternoons.

For a copy of my 15-point Platform, call 253+777+4232. Or write to me at 6824 Nineteenth Street, University Place, Wash., U.S.A.

-Jesse-
--Pierce county, Washington, U.S.A.--

 

Post a Comment

<< Home